- NXT Python
Download the Windows installer from the above link and run it.
Installing NXT Python
Download the zip file from the above link. NXT Python uses a setup.py script to install. If you have associated .py files with the Python interpreter, execute the script as follows from a command prompt:
c:\Python24\python setup.py install
Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600] (C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp. C:\tmp\nxt_python-0.7>setup.py install running install running build running build_py ... copying build\scripts-2.4\nxt_filer -> c:\python24\Scripts copying build\scripts-2.4\nxt_push -> c:\python24\Scripts copying build\scripts-2.4\nxt_test -> c:\python24\Scripts C:\tmp\nxt_python-0.7>
Test NXT Python
Turn on the NXT and connect it to the PC. Using the samples under example/, confirm that the NXT can be controlled from the PC.
The example/ directory contains the following samples:
- latency.py: Measures the latency in reading the sensors.
- mary.py: Plays "Mary Had a Little Lamb."
- message_test.py: Displays a message on the NXT's screen.
- spin.py: Spins motors connected to ports B and C.
- test_sensors.py: Displays all sensor values.
Motors and sensors must be connected appropriately for each test.