[openrtm-users 01419] Re: The best way to incorporate time into CameraImage datatype

Geoffrey Biggs geoffrey.biggs @ aist.go.jp
2010年 9月 28日 (火) 11:19:15 JST

On 28/09/10 10:09, Tony Kuo wrote:
> Hi all,
> I am using CameraImage for my image processing components,
> I noticed that the time value in the cameraImage is not updated when an
> image is sent out.
>
> As I am not as familiar with the openrtm structure as some of you
> I was wondering, what's the best way to incorporate time into the
> CameraImage datatype?
>
> Should I do it manually similarly to how it's done in void
> setTimestamp(DataType& data) in outport.h?

You can do it manually if you want to set it to something special, but,
as Dr Ando mentioned, setTimestamp() is the easy way.

We don't set it automatically any more as there are numerous ways in
which a time stamp may be set - and some data ports may not need time
anyway, or use a different format for it.

Geoff