[openrtm-users 00363] Re: First install, first problem

Masayuki Shimizu masayuki.shimizu @ aist.go.jp
2008年 2月 8日 (金) 15:21:22 JST

On Fri, 08 Feb 2008 07:05:54 +0100
"Calisi @ DIS" <daniele.calisi @ dis.uniroma1.it> wrote:

> Masayuki Shimizu wrote:
> > Is the name server "localhost:9876" ?
> > ConnectorComp tries to find the components on the name server.
> > If you are using other name server, ConnectorComp will not work.
> >
> This means that I have to install named on my PC?

No. You have only to specify the correct name server in rtc.conf.
Anyway, please check the log file "rtcxxx.log",
to investigate the reason of the error.
Can you find the line like,
naming_svc NameServer connection succeeded: corba/localhost:9876
in the log file?

--------------------
Masayuki Shimizu

Postdoctoral Fellow
Task Intelligence Research Group
Intelligent Systems Research Institute
National Institute of
Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST)
Central 2, 1-1-1, Umezono, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305-8568, JAPAN
Tel: +81-29-861-5952
Fax: +81-29-861-5971
Email: masayuki.shimizu @ aist.go.jp
       chaser @ ieee.org